Urgently Needed – immediate start for the right candidate
SAE Logistics are looking for another driver / warehouse person to join our team of experienced delivery drivers and warehouse assistants.
Established for over 45 years in providing complete solutions to all types of logistics problems, we pride ourselves in delivering high quality services to businesses of all sizes.
Our operating centre based near Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire provides Commercial Storage and Nationwide Distribution of all types of freight irrespective of size and weight.
As a Delivery Driver you will be part of a team of drivers delivering to all parts of the UK, both local and distance. You are required to drive all types of vehicles up to 3.5 tonne gross. Workloads will consist of individual parcels, pallets, machinery and other items that require care in handling and attention to detail.
On occasions you are required to work as a member of our warehouse team in loading / unloading vehicles, stock put away, order picking / packing and general warehouse housekeeping duties.
Hours of operation are based on Monday to Friday, 07.30 – 17.30 with occasional weekend work required. You will be expected to work some early starts and late finishes.
- You must be an experienced, confident driver of commercial vehicles with excellent knowledge of the different regions of the UK including Central London.
- You must have a calm, positive, proactive and flexible approach to all work.
- You must be prepared to take ownership and responsibility with the ability to show initiative, solve problems when they arise and work independently.
- Hold a full, clean UK driving licence entitling you to drive up to and including 3.5 tonne gross for a minimum 2years
- Preferred but not essential – Class 2 incl DCPC and Digital Tacho Card
- For insurance reasons, be aged over 25 years and have a minimum 2 full years of driving experience
- Demonstrate experience as a warehouse operative
- Be prepared to work flexible start and finish times
- Excellent Customer Service skills and Communication
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, numerate and literate
- Eye for detail and attention
- Care of and cleaning of commercial vehicles
- Physically fit and capable of lifting up to 25 kgs by self
- Willingness to learn
- Full time, permanent employment
- A friendly and enjoyable work environment
- 28 days holiday including all English Bank Holidays
- Company workwear including PPE
- Salary £20,850 gross P.A gross per annum, with a salary review after a successful 6-month probation period.
- Overtime for workloads demanding start and finish times before 07.30 or after 17.30
- On-site parking
Applications and Covid – 19 Precautions
Due to the current restrictions in place applications must, in the first instance, be made by email including a fully detailed CV of relevant experience, positions held and details about yourself including contact phone numbers.
Any emails received that do not contain this information will be discarded.
If your details meet the criteria we are looking for then you will be contacted by telephone for a brief phone interview with the later possibility of an interview conducted via Zoom.
At all times whilst on site and whilst on the road you will be expected to adhere to Company Policies / Procedures including Covid legislation.
Please note that this position is being advertised elsewhere and may be withdrawn at any time.
Please contact email@example.com