Here at SAE logistics we are proud to have achieved the rigorous qualifications to enable us to be one of the few organic certified warehouse fulfilment centres in the country. Certified by the Organic Food Federation (GB-ORG-04), our accreditation, working practices and logistics services allow us to offer our customers a complete solution to their organic fulfilment requirements.
WHAT IS CERTIFIED ORGANIC STORAGE & FULFILMENT?
The high standards of care and quality in the production and processing of organic goods needs to be continued throughout the supply chain. Being certified in the storage and processing of organic goods means that SAE Logistics has met the high standards outlined by the certifying body, The Organic Food Federation. The Federations standards are based on the Council Regulation 834/2007 and 889/2008 which is the official definitive legal standard within the EU.
In addition to our ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations, by having the organic certification, we are able to provide a qualified storage and fulfilment centre for your products which complies with your organic licence requirements.
SO HOW DOES OUR WAREHOUSE MEET AND KEEP THESE HIGH STANDARDS?
- Annual audits by an Organic Food Federation inspector.
- Maintaining a quality management system.
- Well documented procedures that cover receiving the goods, dispatching the goods and everything in between. All procedures contain unique additions for the handling of organic products to ensure each step maintains the organic integrity.
- Hazard & risk analysis carried out as well as documented for the flow of products throughout the warehouse.
- Staff highly trained in all procedures and ‘involved’ with the organic standards we aim to maintain.
- Well thought out policy documents which provide the basis for a work environment conducive to meeting the necessary high standards.
- Regular cleaning schedules.
- Advanced warehouse management system that records detailed information on all products including BBE dates and batch numbers.
For more information please contact a member of our expert team on 01895 825258.