Careers at SAE Logistics
Why Work for SAE Logistics?
We always look to recruit the best candidates into the dedicated team at SAE Logistics. We believe our workforce are key to our success in delivering the outstanding levels of customer service we are known for. But as well as wanting to know why we should choose you to join us, we think it’s equally important that you know why you should choose to join us.
Working here means you’ll be part of something genuinely special.
“Delivering Reliable Solutions” isn’t just a tag-line, but what we do! We are proud that our reputation is built on reliability, flexibility, trust, personal attention and the ability to customise our services to meet all of our customer’s needs.
We pride ourselves on offering a uniquely pro-active approach to any combination of services. Our ability to provide everything that our customer’s require for handling, storing and delivering goods, UK or Worldwide, and our “can do” attitude is what really sets us apart. We genuinely believe that the team at SAE is our greatest asset. With well trained, pro-active colleagues, we are able to deliver the high level of service that our customers have come to expect as standard.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. We have core values and standards, which people across the company share. They represent the expectations we have for ourselves and each other, they guide our day-to-day decisions and the way we operate at every level. We’re truthful and fair in all our dealings. We make decisions based on these values, stick by them and take responsibility for them. We behave with integrity and do what we say we’re going to do. Can you do that?
If you would like to find out more about opportunities within the team at SAE then please get in touch.
Bookkeeper / Administrator
Location: Coppermill Court, Coppermill Lane, West Hyde
Reports to: Managing Director / Operations Manager
Job overviewAn exciting opportunity to join a busy, progressive logistics operator based in West Hyde, near Maple Cross, Hertfordshire. You will be working very closely with the senior management Team in handling all day to day bookkeeping and accountancy company requirements coupled with assisting in HR responsibilities and supporting a very busy logistics operations team.
We are seeking a well organised, confident, approachable person with excellent numerical aptitude and great communication skills capable of working on own and with others.
Responsibilities & Duties
Working by self and within a team, the responsibilities & duties are:
- Managing internal accounting
- Sales invoice production & checking
- Purchase invoice entry & reconciliation
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
- Aged debtor reports and reconciliation
- Credit control
- Preparation of monthly P&L reports
- Production of Management reports including forecasting
- HR Administration & record keeping including – personnel files; managing leave / absence payments & reporting
- Office administration Duties
- Assisting with logistics operational enquiries
- Communication, both verbal and written with customers and suppliers
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum 3 year’s experience in bookkeeping & administration duties
- Excellent knowledge of accounts software Sage Line 50
- Excellent skills in using Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel (including pivot tables) is essential
- Great organisational skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral & written skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Be forward thinking, able to filter information & prioritise own workload
- Confident and capable of working by self
- Ability to develop & maintain excellent working relationships at all levels including customers & suppliers
HoursMonday to Friday – 6 hours each day, 30 hours per week. Start and finish times can be flexible following agreement.
Person Profile Requirements
- Personality: Disciplined, able to work to deadlines with a positive outlook. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Well presented and well spoken. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to be a team player
- Personal Situation: Must be able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Literacy and Numeracy: Able to read and understand English to a high standard
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A member of our recruitment team will get back to you with details regarding the status of your application and next steps.