Careers at SAE Logistics
Why Work for SAE Logistics?
We always look to recruit the best candidates into the dedicated team at SAE Logistics. We believe our workforce are key to our success in delivering the outstanding levels of customer service we are known for. But as well as wanting to know why we should choose you to join us, we think it’s equally important that you know why you should choose to join us.
Working here means you’ll be part of something genuinely special.
“Delivering Reliable Solutions” isn’t just a tag-line, but what we do! We are proud that our reputation is built on reliability, flexibility, trust, personal attention and the ability to customise our services to meet all of our customer’s needs.
We pride ourselves on offering a uniquely pro-active approach to any combination of services. Our ability to provide everything that our customer’s require for handling, storing and delivering goods, UK or Worldwide, and our “can do” attitude is what really sets us apart. We genuinely believe that the team at SAE is our greatest asset. With well trained, pro-active colleagues, we are able to deliver the high level of service that our customers have come to expect as standard.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. We have core values and standards, which people across the company share. They represent the expectations we have for ourselves and each other, they guide our day-to-day decisions and the way we operate at every level. We’re truthful and fair in all our dealings. We make decisions based on these values, stick by them and take responsibility for them. We behave with integrity and do what we say we’re going to do. Can you do that?
If you would like to find out more about opportunities within the team at SAE then please get in touch.
7.5T Commercial Vehicle Driver
Location: Coppermill Court, Coppermill Lane, West Hyde
Reports to: Operations Manager
- To collect and delivery goods from & to various locations within the UK
- Load and unload delivery vehicles for both self and others
- Meet time deadlines
- Work to build a rapport with, and understand customers needs
- Present a professional image to all customers, clients and colleagues
Responsibilities & Duties
Working by self and within a team, the responsibilities & duties are:
- Work flexible hours, often outside of the basic salaried hours and undertake other duties as may be required within the Company
- Using a variety of different sized commercial vehicles – within legal entitlement – to achieve daily workload (see Skills over for Class required)
- Delivery and Collection of goods of varying sizes and weights
- To meet strict timescales for delivery/collections
- Loading and unloading of delivery vehicles by self and/or with assistance
- Verifying goods to ensure accuracy
- Ensuring security of vehicle and its contents at all times
- Completion of forms & documents by hand
- In conjunction with SAE office and abiding by instructions given, you must plan routes using most efficient and economic means
- Manual handling of items up to 30 kilos by self
- Use of mechanical handling equipment e.g Hand Pallet Trucks
- Daily maintenance and safety inspections on various types/sizes of commercial vehicles
- Strict compliance of all statutory and company regulations relating to the use of commercial vehicles/handling equipment and Health & Safety
- Abide by instructions issued by Supervisor(s) and or Line Manager(s)
- Wear Company uniform at all times whilst “On Duty” & present a smart, clean appearance whilst providing polite, courteous attitude at all times
- To abide by company instructions given verbally and in writing and to include those dictated within the Employee Handbook and Contract of Employment
Scope and Level of Authority
- The post holder must report directly to their appointed Supervisor or Line Manager
- The post holder may be appointed as a area “keyholder”, either total or partial, and by definition will be totally responsible to ensure areas are opened and accessible during an unlocking process and equally responsible that areas are locked and fully secured at the end of a working day
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- As a minimum C1, C1E or B current clean driving licence
- Must hold current digi tacho card
- Must hold DCPC qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in driving HGV’s
- Experienced in using tail lifts, ratchet straps & side loading curtains
- Excellent verbal & written communicator
- Clear & legible hand writing
- Ability Person Profile Requirements to self motivate & work within a team
- Ability to meet and maintain standards to ensure a professional image projected at all times
Person Profile Requirements
- Personality: Disciplined, able to work to deadlines with a positive outlook. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Well presented and well spoken. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to be a team player
- Personal Situation: Must be able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Literacy and Numeracy: Able to read and understand English to a high standard
- Medical Fitness: Good standard of general health – manual handling is a key part of this role
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A member of our recruitment team will get back to you with details regarding the status of your application and next steps.